CAC Somolu-Olaleye DCC holds 2022 Ministers, Elders, Deaconesses Refresher Course

Christ Apostolic Church, Somolu-Olaleye Districts' Coordinating Council (DCC), Lagos recently held its 2022 Ministers, Elders and Deaconesses Refresher Course..

The Ministers, Elders and Deaconesses Refresher Course 2022 was held for three days: Thursday 23rd to Saturday 25th of June 2022.

The three days well attended refresher course, which took place at the DCC Headquarters #6, Olaleye Street, Somolu, Lagos, featured talks on the pattern of growing and glowing church, minister spiritual growth, character of God’s kingdom, building the 21st century churches, ministers and time management, growing leaders and glowing church, as well as personal leadership and other relevant issues.

Speakers at the refresher course included Pastor J.O. Akinyomi CAC Somolu-Olaleye DCC Supt., Pastor Moses Ajayi Ketu DCC Supt., and Pastor Tope Dada, CAC Music Director.

Speaking in his welcome address, Pastor Akinyomi stated that as “The Light-Giving and Life–Transforming Church”, we must continue to develop ourselves through sound teaching of the Word. This year Refresher Course’s Theme is “Growing Minister: Glowing Church” God will use the theme to refresh, revive, revitalize and renew us in Jesus Name. Also said it was difficult to believe that worshippers would change based on the present leadership style, “but he believe it is possible and achievable if we are all willing to contribute our parts in doing things right”.

According to him, Pastors are responsible for teaching sound doctrine, administrating, disciplining, protecting the flock, praying for the flock, and studying the Word of God. They are answerable to Jesus Christ for the growth and glowing of His church on earth.

The Superintendent of CAC Ketu DCC, Pastor M. Ajayi told the ministers during the refresher course that salvation is 5% of our Christian journey. The remaining 95% is our heaven and eternal bliss depends so much on what we do with 95%. Therefore, ministers’ growth is non-negotiable. Also, charged the ministers that presents at the refresher course to be deliberately committed to contributing their quota in building a church that we will all be proud of. Great churches are not built by spirits but by people who God have chosen not to sit back but to be involved. We should all stop complaining but rather get committed”, he said.

While speaking on the topic ‘Character of God’s Ministers’, Pastor Ajayi stated that what make churches great were the values they uphold. “Integrity, discipline, obedience, righteousness, teachability, tolerance, forgiveness, contentment, honesty, dependability and loyalty are some of the important values, which we all as ministers must uphold to ensure that the church of our dream comes to be," he said.

CAC Music Director, Pastor Tope Dada enlightened the participants on growing leaders: glowing church, encouraged them to cultivate leadership Skill in others to show them what leadership looks like in our actions, by acknowledging people both publicly and privately. The church of today needs to build leaders who appreciate the unique contributions of technology, education, and other ministerial functions especially relationship to grow leadership skills in others. Any church that is full of money driven and title driven leaders will never grow but any church that is full of relationship driven and accountable leaders shall surely succeed. CAC Somolu-Olaleye DCC is indeed “The Light-Giving and Life-Transforming Church”.

Report by: Pastor I.G Akowonlehin

Publicity Secretary

Photo Speaks:

Previous Post Next Post

نموذج الاتصال